Careers - Business Development Manager
Title: Business Development Manager (BDM)
If you seek a challenging sales role in a technology-focused business, you may be a candidate to join the WA team.
This position is located in any one of the following cities: Wilton, CT, NYC, Newark, New Jersey.
This position will report to our Head of Sales and is responsible for qualifying and developing new customers, manage a sales team of 3-4 sales associates and achieve revenue growth. Primary responsibility will be to generate business through individual and team sales effort.
The Job Itself
WA is in the process of building up regional sales organisation across the United States. We expect our Sales team to sell all of our service lines offerings. Our service offering, along with our expertise in Customised Product Development, should make entry into clients very feasible for an experienced IT sales associate.
The BDM would have access to our Offshore Development Center, Technology Experts, Pre-Sales Experts to help sell solutions and products. Our Technical Director and Product Leaders have the ability to help the sales associate identify "pain points" with clients, making the job of the sales person very reasonable and allowing them to focus on building the relationships, as opposed to solving technical problems.
Our USP: “We have not lost a single client from the time of our inception. Over 90% of our customers give us repeat business.”
- Must be able to grasp higher level IT and Business Concepts
- Must be able to bring a book of business in the regional area of interest
- Must be willing to sell into Small, Medium and Large IT clients (Fortune 1000 and up) with IT needs.
- Must be able to forge strategic tie-ups for setting up offshore development centers, long term maintenance contracts and product development.
- Execution of regional and global sales / marketing strategies
- Identify software products and services opportunities with new and established clients across all industries.
- Grow sales revenue through face-to-face prospect and client visits and telephone calls.
- Coordinate and attend more than 10 individual client meetings a month with both new prospects and existing clients.
- Attend client meetings with the sales team as required.
- Identify new prospects within current accounts to increase revenue and retention rates and develop leads for incremental revenue growth.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of WA products and services.
- Provide timely and accurate revenue forecasting.
- Utilize internal sales enablement tools and management processes.
- Client relationship management - maintain professional relations with customers throughout the sales cycle and ensure responsive customer service after the sale.
- Leverage existing client relationships.
- Engage the appropriate WA presales people resource to assist in the Sales Cycle
- Stay abreast of new product introductions, technological / industry advances, and market developments
- Cold calling for new clients
- Organise marketing events and promote customer participation in marketing events
- Good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time
- Manage the sale team of 4-6 sales associates. Be able to manage the team effectively and ensure the team performance.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Time to dedicate to understanding the offerings and growing the region
- 8 to 12+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of success with minimum of last 6 years being in selling IT solutions and services.
- Desire to succeed in a sales environment
- Professional presence required to sell to senior management contacts
- Knowledge of the latest trends in the IT industry
- Proven sales ability /experience- minimum 6 years in IT services domain.
- Knowledge of custom development and offshore development services. Knowledge of offshore development process.
- Ability to identify and cultivate new business opportunities with existing clients and to manage the entire sales-lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial in nature interested in new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Be able to manage a team effectively and ensure the team performance.
- Ability to develop and manage professional networks with prospects and clients to strengthen knowledge of the business, industry, and geographic practices.
- Result-oriented, self-starter, with credibility, and integrity
- Must be proficient with MS Office Applications
- Comfortable making cold calls – personally and telephonically.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Our attractive compensation plan includes base salary plus commission.
Other benefits include: Medical and Dental Insurance, Bonus based on performance.